Tuesday, April 28, 2020

fifth hour of coding

In this hour I continued on my journey to complete computer programming. After I finished doing the text and strings lesson I went onto the next lesson which was functions. in this section I learnt how to make my code more reusable by grouping it into functions. after watching a quick video I started my first challenge which was to create "Hi Joel" on a randomly generated spot on the canvas. Heres the result
after completing that challenge I was asked to make moles show up in holes using functions. all i had to do for this one was make the function and call upon it so they showed up. this one was very easy.
now that I completed that challenge I went on to fixing math expressions. (not really) i had to make the calculator code do the right thing. the math was messing up because the functions werent writtin right. after I changed them the challenge was complete!
I was now off to my final challenge using functions. now Im not gonna lie to you I cheated on this one. all the requirements were was to make the lonely fish less lonely by adding more fish of different colours. so thats all I did. I drew some ellipses and added triangles to them to make fish. and BOOM I was done the hour

What I did this hour
continue computer programming by learning about functions.
Specific things I learnt this hour
create randomly generated text using functions. like "var moving"
What I will do next hour
i have now completed the functions lesson and will move onto the next lesson. (I haven't even checked what it is yet)

No comments:

Post a Comment