Saturday, April 25, 2020

second hour of coding

For my second hour of coding I moved onto learning about variables.
variables are values that can change. I first watched a couple videos of how to use variables in code and I was off doing my first challenge using variables the challenge was to create a variable for the eyes of a bucktooth bunny so if i changed the value of the variable it would change the size of both the eyes together. heres the result of the first challenge
Next was another challenge where I had to make a variable for the location of frogs eyes. changing this variable would change both of the frogs eyes at the same time. heres what the challenge ended as
after I learned about variables I moved onto animations. animations were tied together with variables.
my first challenge using animations was to make a sunset with the sun increasing bigger and bigger into the screen. heres a screenshot of the code and the sun fully covering the screen after the animation took place.
after I learnt how to make the sun get bigger and bigger it was now time to make clouds that moved away from the sun as the sun got bigger. heres the result of that challenge
and that was the main parts of the hour of coding. of course i had to watch videos and learn how to complete the challenges in between but that was it. 

main parts of the second hour
learning what what variables were and starting using them
Specific things i did
changed size and position of things using variables like "var xPos = 50;"
what i will do next hour
continue on computer programming, i think the next lesson is learning interactive programms.





No comments:

Post a Comment