Tuesday, April 28, 2020

fourth hour of coding

In the beginning of this hour I continued learning computer programming. the next step in the course was to learn how to display text on the canvas. to do this i had to learn a couple things like learning the command "text" after learning that command I started my first challenge. it started easy by making me write a list of 3 of my favorite foods. heres what i chose for my foods!
My next challenge using text was to use mouse interactions and text. this challenge was to make an ellipse and wherever the mouse went the dot went. BUUUT wherever the dot went it would show the coordinated of the dot. to do this I just had to use what I learnt earlier in the course but add a text to it. heres the result! (btw my mouse was just at the bottom of the canvas when I used the snipping tool)
My last challenge in the text part of computer programming was to make an ad for anything! the requirements was to use three texts, and to try my best to create that thing. I also added a background cuz I could. heres my ad!
I only had about 10 minutes left so I decided to stop there. This hour was fairly successful as the course is getting harder. especially that mouse interaction one I don't know why I had so much 
trouble on that one I just did.anyway.
What I did this hour
moved onto the text and strings portion of the course
Specific things I learnt
how to input text into the canvas using "text" and how to combine it with other commands
What I will do next hour
move onto the next lesson which is functions. I hope to finish that lesson but not sure as the codes are getting harder and longer

No comments:

Post a Comment